Today’s customers are on the move, and they are taking their mobile devices with them. Mobile devices are undoubtedly important in the lives of millions of people across the world. Whether it’s smart phone, tablet, or any other kind of mobile device, people all around the world are using these devices to get instant access to information right in their fingertips – which is why apps are becoming so much more important for today’s market.
Mobile apps are not just for big brands like Facebook. More and more small and midsize businesses are now investing on being mobile, as they understand that an effective mobile strategy requires more than just a mobile-friendly website. In fact, mobile devices are now changing the way business works. People now look for a particular service or a product online before they go to actual stores for buying it.
How can an app help your brand?
According to the latest data, about 51% of all internet traffic comes through mobile devices, outpacing the PC market (which is 42%). That alone should be an important factor for any business.
No matter what the business is, a mobile app can help you reach customers in ways that were never possible before, as well as create a unique, long-lasting relation with them. Since many small businesses still don’t have an app of their own, being the first one in your industry to have an app can also leave out a good impression. It shows that you are ahead of your game.
Here are some of the biggest benefits of having an app for your business:
• Opportunity to build loyalty – With information being “right at your fingertips”, apps can be a great way to stay close to your customers. It gives you the opportunity to create a connection with your customers.
• Better visibility for your brand – The apple App Store has over a million apps today, but it’s much easier to be found amongst the 180 million plus active websites that are currently online.
• Customers can get instant notifications for new services, products, special events, etc – The read rate of promotional email messages are about 4%, where PUSH notifications are at a stunning 97%.
• Makes it easier for your customers to access your inventory – Applications has its advantages when it comes to retail businesses. It makes it easier for customers to view your catalogue as well as make purchases directly from the app.
• Increases exposure across mobile devices – The application can greatly contribute to your brand awareness if you have a well designed, easy-to-use app with features your customers love to use. According to the award-winning mobile application engineering company Intellectsoft, the mobile applications increases brand awareness and result into 20% more interaction between the users and the company.
• Ability to connect with on-the-go customers – Mobile devices are one of the most personal pieces of technology we can own. It’s something we keep close to ourselves 24/7.
Most of the mobile devices we carry today depend on apps. App analytics firm Flurry has found in a study that around “80% of the time spent on mobile devices is spent using apps”.
Another study by the same company suggests that we spend more time on mobile devices than on TV. Apps can offer a unique experience to the customers that websites are unable to provide. This also shows that customers want the simplicity of and focus that only mobile apps can offer.
BY: CHARLES MBURUGU